Anca MITRACHE, Anda-Ioana SFINTEŞ
The Architectural Project vs. the Habitation Scenario
Behind any architectural design stays the awareness that architecture represents, as a profession, a mode of education, discipline and an exercise of establishing hierarchies. The new architecture reveals the potential for an open-end solution to problems, it stimulates imagination and promotes innovation in a continuously transformed and restated economic and social context.
The proposal – the proposed design – implies the fact that the knowledge foundation, the teaching method and the modelling role, transposed into the architectural education, must adapt itself continuously to a new reality.
The school projects identify a series of location problems, later becoming aspects that direct the investigation of the project in terms of architectural design and specific technical details, in terms of sustainability for both the project and the proposed solution, but also in terms of the future built form as heritage. The new building – even if still a project – paints a viable virtual reality, a presumable habitation scenario that is, as well, part of a complex teaching process.
Published in Argument 8/2016
- Anda-Ioana SFINTEŞ:
- Architecture as public space. Using the limits - Argument 9/2017
- Museal space serving the community - Argument 6/2014
- traditional forms of representation - continuity, exploitation, reinterpretation - Argument 3/2011
- Workshop “Places beyond the threshold” - Argument 7/2015
- MCT „Astra”, Sibiu: A Museum on the Boundary - Argument 7/2015
- Street museum. Taking the museum activities out in the public space - Argument 5/2013
- Workshop: Bucharest. Reclaiming the Intermediary Space of the Porticoes - Argument 10/2018
- “The Third Room”. Anthropological and Architectural Explorations - Argument 11/2019
- Anca MITRACHE:
- Urban experiment – analysis and expression - Argument 5/2013
- Urban Explorations – Calea Moșilor, Bucharest - Argument 10/2018
- Form and composition in architecture - a critical approach - Argument 9/2017
- The Architectural Design Proposal as a Process - Argument 7/2015