Maria BOȘTENARU DAN
The presence of the forest in the city of Karlsruhe, Germany and Carei, Romania – occasion for cultural events
Nature builds a oasis of Paradise in the cities of today, which has to be rediscovered, like the sleeping princess in the fairy tale of the Grimm brothers. Its presence can be differenciated from the small garden of the house with a backyard and the derived typologies to the large landscape of the urban peripheries, like the green beld. To this landscape do the forest belong: it can be or not part of the green belt, space for periurban loisir.
In this contribution we will concentrate though in two different approaches to the forest. In Karlsruhe, in Germany, city which can be subordinated to the tradition of approaching the forest substance, the forest reaches till the centre of the city, building, even since setting the corner stone of the city, a Baroque city, a designed one, its Northern half. Different is the situation in Carei, Romania. Even if the city of Carei was thought as an aristocratic residence for a count, like Karlsruhe, here the model of the individual garden was adopted, not the urban one of integrating the forest. The castle is a variant of the individual house, surrounded by a large garden, which became today park, with the majority of the surface covered by a forest.
This is in fact also the topic of this work: the becoming of the forest designe in connection with the historic aristocratic residence today. Apart of the historic characted and of the importance for landscape history, the presence of such a natural pregnant element in the urban system through value and dimension constitutes an occasion for cultural events, different according to the approach of the country, namely the events designed to take place in the respective framework, and of the funds which can be accessed for this, including the possibilities of the new media.
Published in Argument 5/2013
- Maria BOȘTENARU DAN:
- Economics of the earthquake risk mitigation in the urban and constructive structure - Argument 6/2014
- Research by design in the architecture of spa-s - Argument 7/2015
- Green Wall Land Art - Argument 7/2015
- The architectural landscape in the interwar time and the need of re generation today – geographical parcours Romania, Italy, Greece, the rest of Europe - Argument 1/2009
- The influence of Japanese gardens on contemporary gardens - Argument 9/2017
- Computer Assisted Artistic Education - Argument 8/2016
- Reviewer Experience in Virtual Design Studio Through Blogs - Argument 8/2016
- Vernacular Architecture of Sathmar Swabians - Argument 11/2019
- Resort Architecture In Balatonfüred, Hungary – Urban Route - Argument 6/2014
- Rudolf Frankel in Bucharest, 110 years after birth - Argument 4/2012
- Participatism and disaster management - Argument 4/2012
- The impact of catastrophic events on architecture: the relationship with representation in the architectural/artistic project - Argument 2/2010