Economics of the earthquake risk mitigation in the urban and constructive structure
- Maria Boștenaru Dan
- Diana Mendes
In this paper, a research encompassing the following will be presented:
1. Review process
- Review of novel approaches such as game theory, drama theory and conflict based software for multi-criteria decision problems in the field of climate change and natural disasters.
- Application of game theory for urban simulation of the economic environment
- review of alternative decision systems for earthquake resilient planning
- Participation as urban public policy and a particular case of decision making.
2. Setting up comparative analyses
- Comparison betweek agent based modeling versus drama theory and conflict based software
- Comparison between the linear spread of disaters and the random one in games (SimCity) and GIS.
- Application of a Monte Carlo simulation to numerical simulations at building scale used for the computation of costs using the retrofit elements method developed by the applicant; comparison with real examples of earthquake retrofit and their costs (planned conservation: preventive retrofit versus post-earthquake repair).
- The grid of the planned (re)construction, from case studies to computer games
- Integration into a decision system based on regression between the two scales: building object and urban scale of the quarter.
- Ontology of decision (the IT component of the modeling).