Maria BOȘTENARU DAN, Diana MENDES
Economics of the earthquake risk mitigation in the urban and constructive structure
In this paper, a research encompassing the following will be presented:
1. Review process
- Review of novel approaches such as game theory, drama theory and conflict based software for multi-criteria decision problems in the field of climate change and natural disasters.
- Application of game theory for urban simulation of the economic environment
- review of alternative decision systems for earthquake resilient planning
- Participation as urban public policy and a particular case of decision making.
2. Setting up comparative analyses
- Comparison betweek agent based modeling versus drama theory and conflict based software
- Comparison between the linear spread of disaters and the random one in games (SimCity) and GIS.
- Application of a Monte Carlo simulation to numerical simulations at building scale used for the computation of costs using the retrofit elements method developed by the applicant; comparison with real examples of earthquake retrofit and their costs (planned conservation: preventive retrofit versus post-earthquake repair).
- The grid of the planned (re)construction, from case studies to computer games
- Integration into a decision system based on regression between the two scales: building object and urban scale of the quarter.
- Ontology of decision (the IT component of the modeling).
Published in Argument 6/2014
- Maria BOȘTENARU DAN:
- The architectural landscape in the interwar time and the need of re generation today – geographical parcours Romania, Italy, Greece, the rest of Europe - Argument 1/2009
- Resort Architecture In Balatonfüred, Hungary – Urban Route - Argument 6/2014
- Green Wall Land Art - Argument 7/2015
- Research by design in the architecture of spa-s - Argument 7/2015
- The presence of the forest in the city of Karlsruhe, Germany and Carei, Romania – occasion for cultural events - Argument 5/2013
- The influence of Japanese gardens on contemporary gardens - Argument 9/2017
- Reviewer Experience in Virtual Design Studio Through Blogs - Argument 8/2016
- Computer Assisted Artistic Education - Argument 8/2016
- Rudolf Frankel in Bucharest, 110 years after birth - Argument 4/2012
- Vernacular Architecture of Sathmar Swabians - Argument 11/2019
- The impact of catastrophic events on architecture: the relationship with representation in the architectural/artistic project - Argument 2/2010
- Participatism and disaster management - Argument 4/2012